Build of the Month
Yellow Gazette Archives
Aunt Trudy hears...
Aunt Trudy provides news and, well, gossip from Yellow citizens. If you have something you want in the Gazette, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours of Yellow
Contact Apooka or Ozman if you want a tour of Yellow's fabulous builds.
Yellow Builders Guild
Well, it seems that our Yellow Builders Guild employees are reverting to their primitive ursine nature and have gone off to hibernate, which means that things are not moving rapidly. Maybe if they deign to wake up sometime, we might see some more creative activity there...
No news on Chloe yet...
The whole village is waiting for news about Chloe and Rufus; when are those cubs due? How are they coping? Let me know if you hear anything...
Did you know that ActiveWorlds has an excellent set of forums? You can visit them by clicking on the URL that appears in the chat box when you first come to Yellow. Be sure to register for the forums. That way you can post and read, rather than just read what others are doing. And be sure to check out the Communities section there; Yellow is one of the featured world communities. It's a very good place to post materials -- other than in the Yellow Gazette, of course!
Graphics by Apooka, except where otherwise noted
Web Design by Ozman with input from Apooka
Head Writer Apooka
Building Tips & Newbies Ozman
Snippets and gossip Ms Trudy Tangleclaw
Reporting staff Theo. Fuzzybottom, Randy [last name?]
Gardening and landscaping reporter Ms Nellie Poogawoo
Food reporter Joe the Caterer
Office Manager Ms Lucy Larksong
Groundskeeper Mr Crabtree
Financial: Fleesum & Runn
Fuzzy's bear nature has taken him over, and he's currently hibernating. He'll be back with more interesting adventures in the next issue.
What to do in 2012?
We are looking for project ideas for 2012, things to build, games to play, or contests to be won. Here are some ideas that have come our way over the past few weeks.
Developing a Steampunk village. Had a lot of interest from builders in the Contraption Contest last year.
A Universal Build Challenge. A builder, or a team of builders build something innovative, in any world. Prizes might be given, as well as Certificates of Excellence from the Yellow Builders Guild
An organised treasure hunt. These have been lots of fun when they were done in the past.
Games contest. Build a working, interactive game. It doesn't have to be complex, just fun!
Do you have any ideas? Email the Gazette and let us know. email@example.com.
Lucky Boy and Lucky Girl
These Chinese New Year decoration pictures are called Gong Hei Fa Choi which consists of one lovely lucky boy and one lucky girl. "Gong Hei Fa Choi" means congratulations on wealth. They are used to glue outdoors to bring wealth.
During the Chinese New Year, Kung Hei Fat Choy can always be heard. It's a Chinese phrase, and the meaning of which is 'Wish you a good fortune'. There are also other sayings for spring festival, but Kung Hei Fat Choy is still the most popular and traditional one.
Dewey, Cheathem & Howe Lawyers
The YG welcomes this new team to the staff
Our Top Stories
In this Issue.
We are introducing some new features in this edition of the YG. First, we have set up a special page to help Newbies find their way around Active Worlds. Word has it that lots of people read the YG who haven't visited ActiveWorlds, or Yellow, and we hope this page will help these folks get a bit of a handle on moving around and visiting good places. Caterer Joe now has his own page, and is in the main navigation menu on the left of the page, and on the bottom. Little Nellie and Randy have teamed up now, but we've not yet decided on what exactly to call that page. However you can find their efforts on the Critter Page in the navigation bar. The standard features remain: Builds of the Month, Build Tips and of course the features on this page.
We hope you enjoy the Gazette; please contact us if you want to suggest anything for future issues.
- Why, Why, Why do we press harder on the remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?
- Why do banks charge a fee due to insufficient funds; when they already know you're broke?
- Why is it that when someone tells you that there are one billion stars in the universe you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint you have to touch it to check?
- Why do they use sterilized needles for lethal injections?
- Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
- Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?
- Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
- Whose cruel idea was it to put an "s" in the word "lisp"?
- Why is it that, no matter what color bubble bath you use, the bubbles are always white?
- Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?
- Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
- Why do people run over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it and then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
- Why is it that no plastic bag will ever open from the first end you try?
- How do those dead bugs get into the enclosed light fixtures?
- When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart, then apologizes for doing so; why do we say, "It's all right"? Well, it isn't all right so why don't we say, "That really hurt you idiot, why don't you watch where you're going?"
- Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?
- Why, in winter, do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?
- How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?
- The statistics on sanity say that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're OK, then it's you!
- REMEMBER, A day without a smile is like a day without sunshine! And a day without sunshine is, like -- night.